Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
kandy1216 kandy1216 is offline

Default How do I put a word at the end of a mail merge field?

I have a word document that I want to use with excel in a mail merge.

In one of the columns, I want to have the word years after the number data
is put in the table, ie. 6 yrs. How do I set up the mail merge excel
document so that yrs. will print after each number? Someone thought I should
use a comma after the mail merge field but then the comma showed up with the
word years. If I put yrs. in each row after the field, then yrs. shows up
when there is no record in that particular row.

Hope you can understand what I am trying to say! Thanks for any help.