Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Chapters

BTW Word wastes a perfectly good basic keyboard shortcut on Master
Documents, Ctrl-backslash -- I just made it the keying for "Accept
Change" (and don't move to the next), a button I'd already put on the
QAT.

Hmm, if I had any need for a "Reject Change" button, I'd put it on
Ctrl-pipe.

On Jun 17, 9:10*am, "Stefan Blom"
wrote:
You can use INCLUDETEXT fields to add files to a "master" document. Seehttp://word.mvps.org/faqs/tblsfldsfms/includetextfields.htm.

Note that Word's built-in master document feature is *not* recommended by
most users, because it tends to corrupt documents.

~~~
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"NeedAnswerForBoss" wrote in

I know in Word you can create sub documents from a larger document and you
edit subdocuments it automatically updates itself in the larger document.