Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
REVA

Default How do I do mail merge using filtered data from excel

I did what you said about the No Blanks, BUT it is still bringing in ALL of the
rows in the worksheet. I am using the AutoFilter feature. Do I have to
Name the filtered area or something? In the mail merge I am Confirming Data
Source and must use the Microsoft Excel Worksheet via Converter (*.xls,*xlw)
to see my data. When the Open Worksheet window appears, I can choose the
CORRECT WORKSHEET, BUT the Name or Cell Range says only ENTIRE WORKSHEET.

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?UkVWQQ==?=,

Office 97 I want to create mailing labels from excel worksheet. I have
AutoFilter
turned on and will use it to select the recipients (which will vary each
time). I want to automate this procedure, at least the mail merge portion.
I would like to eventually set up a macro to print the labels, but I can't
get it to work manually yet. My mail merge will not let me select the
Filtered data. I have even copied to filtered sheet to another sheet. Any
help would be appreciated.

Well, if you set a filter in Excel, then you have to set "Query Options" in the
mail merge document. Choose a field which definitely has an entry in every
record (row). Then select the comparison "is not blank". That will drop the
records that the filter is hiding (but which Word still picks up, with no field
content).

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org