Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tomar82403

Default Word 2007 should not drop blue background white font feature

Thanks Jay!
You know I had forgotten that... I was a 5.1 user with (I think) my old
Tandy 1000 back when Disco was alive.... scary...
--
There's Nothing in the Middle of the Road but Yellow Stripes and Dead
Armadillos

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Originally, it was to entice users of WordPerfect 5.1 for DOS, which
always displayed white-on-blue. Except for a few diehards who were
never going to switch anyway, that reason disappeared nearly 10 years
ago.

Some people find white-on-blue to be easier on the eyes than
black-on-white. Instead, others adjust the white to off-white or
ivory, using the Windows Control Panel's display applet.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Mon, 29 May 2006 12:03:02 -0700, Tomar82403
wrote:

I am one of those that was not aware of the blue background - just curious...
what is the purpose of this background or white lettering?