Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Sharon Sharon is offline

Default Merge going to Outlook Express Outbox instead of MS Outlook 20

Hi Peter,

Just an update on the issue below, I have just realised its not sending only
if i select the option HTML in the Electronic mail, its working fine for
attachment and plain text. However I need to send the message as HTML.
Looking forward to your reply.
Thanks,
Sharon

"Sharon" wrote:

Hi Peter,

I havent done or changed any settings to try and send it via Outlook
Express. This is the first time I'm trying email merge. Never done it before.
The email address are just normal like etc...just a list of all
the clients interested in a particular program and I am wanting to send them
the email. I have checked in internet options and MS Outlook 2003 is my
default email client. This morning I changed it in MS Outlook 2003 under
tools--options--other and now it has even stopped going to my Express outbox.
It just doesnt work...If I try to attempt send/receive now from MS Outlook
2003 I am getting the following error:

"Task 'POP3 - Receiving' reported error (0x80040900) : 'The server name you
entered can not be found on the network (it might be down temporarily).
Please verify that you are online and that the server name is correct.'

Please Help !!!

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

What did you do to try to send via Outlook 2003 rather than Outlook Express?

What do the e-mail addresses in the Excel column you specified in the merge
look like? Do they look like normal e-mail addresses, e.g.

and so on? Can you give an example (anonymised if necessary)?

Peter Jamieson
"Sharon" wrote in message
I am trying a mail merge from MS Word 2003. I am importing a list of
addresses from an excel spreadsheet. However when I am trying to send the
message it tries to send via my Outlook Express(though my default mail
client
is MS Outlook) and comes up with the following error :

"The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered
the
server name correctly. Account: 'POP3', Server: 'SMTP', Protocol: SMTP,
Port:
25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D"

I then tried to mail merge through my MS Outlook 2003 and its doing the
same
thing. All these messages are sitting in my Outlook Express outbox.