Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How to stop "getting started" window from opening when openingWor

In Word 2002 or 2003, click on Tools | Options | View tab | uncheck the
"Startup Task Pane" box | OK. If that doesn't help, then see
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...owTaskPane.htm .

Vfmv50 wrote:

How do I stop the "getting started" window from opening when opening Word?
It is the window that is vertial from top to bottom on the right side of the
screen. It always opens up and I always close it. It has a few links on the
top for doing things and nea the bottom it list all the recently opened files.

Can anyone help me please?

Thank you very much in advance.