Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Skip page number every other page

Check the "Different odd and even" option (Layout tab of the Page Setup
dialog box)for headers and footers and then insert a page number for the odd
pages only.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Joyce" wrote:

I have a large document and I would like to skip the page numbering
every other page. So start at page 1, next page no page numbering, page 2,
no page number, etc.
I know you can delete the link between the pages, but than you have to
insert the page numbering by hand. Can I do this so the page numbering is
done automatically?