Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Excel Spreadsheet in Word Document

You can embed an Excel object (no longer than a page, though, I think), but
you can still sum columns including blank cells if you use specific cell
references instead of (Above).

"Joe McGuire" wrote in message
Is there a way for me to put an Excel spreadsheet in a Word 2003 document
(actually a simple template for business travel expenses) and have it
continue to operate as a spreadsheet? The closest I get is that my little
excel spreadsheet goes into my Word document and becomes a table. And
acts like one. That is, it will not add up the figures correctly in a
column or row if any cell is left blank. Sure, a table would work if I
just enter a bunch of zeroes where the blanks are. But I was thinking
maybe a little more interoperability is possible. Is there a way to do
this? Thanks!

--
Joe McGuire