Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert McN

Default Accidentally deleted the "tools" menu

Dear Support Community,
Today by accident, I removed the €śTools€ť menu from the MS Word menu. I was
trying to make a minor change in the program, and didnt even know I deleted
it. Unfortunately, I open and closed the program before I realized that the
change had been made and as a result, when I realized the problem, I went to
see if I could correct my error by deleting €śnormal.dot€ť and renaming
€śnormal.wbk€ť as €śnormal.dot.€ť That, however, didnt correct the problem
because the menu with the deleted €śtools€ť menu had been saved in the €ś.wbk€ť
file as well. I know I can get back to €śprimal€ť normal.dot by simply
deleting my €śnormal.dot€ť and letting the program create the basic file.
Moreover, I have saved older versions of my €śnormal.dot€ť files in my template
folder that were replaced for various reasons, such as corruptions, etc.
Those older versions have the tool menu in place. Since I have been using MS
word for almost 13 years and my current version of €śnormal.dot€ť has been
tweaked with lots of macros, autocorrects and changes to the menus that I
want to retain. So the last thing I want to do is to start from scratch.
What Im hoping I can do is to €śimport€ť the tools menu onto my current
€śnormal.dot€ť or reconstitute it. Can anyone suggest how I might correct this
problem? Thanks.