Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod

Default convert linked objects to embedded objects

Hi ackerb,

If you want to embed the file, rather than it's icon, it would probably be
easiest to simply re-embed the object from scratch. Although you could
possibly edit the field code, the changes that would need to be made would
depend on what type of object you're dealing with.

Cheers

"ackerb" wrote in message
Thank you for your response. I'm using the icon option and that shortcut
turns the icon into a picture. I want the link object to turn into the
actual file as an icon.

There is a "Package for CD" option in powepoint, does this exsist for

word?

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote:

Select the linked object, and press Ctrl+Shift+F9.

ackerb wrote:

Is there a way to convert linked objects to embedded objects either

built in
word or is it possible to write a macro?