Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Column use in .htm doc Word 2007

Web pages don't have page breaks -- they just run on until they run
out of material to show.

Instead of Columns, use a 3-column table (you can turn off the
borders). Insert each picture in the appropriate cell.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sat, 26 May 2007 11:11:27 -0700, "Panic" wrote:

I'm trying to prepare an htm for use on a web site. I open Word 2007,
select 3 columns, and begin on the left. I choose Center (of the column)
for pasting my pictures. I paste them one at a time. Each new one is
inserted below the one above and is centered in the first column. With not
enough room at the bottom of the column, the next picture is inserted in the
center of the middle column. Then at that bottom the next new pictures
insert in the middle of the 3rd column. Everything works fine.

Then I save it as a web.htm. When I open it again with either Internet
Explorer or Word 2007 all the pictures are centered in the middle of the
page and continue with no page break. If I click on Page Setup....
Columns... it shows that 3 columns are set but it is not using them.
Somehow in htm it doesn't handle the end of a page to cause extra pictures
to move to the next column. I even tried inserting a page break to force it
to end a column but, so far, nothing helps.