Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default Start pg numbering on 3rd page, with no # on 1 or 2?

A simple way to do it without the need for sections is to use the IF field
so that you enter into the Footer (presuming that is where you want the page
number) a field that says IF page number is greater than 2, True = PAGE-2,
False = nothing.

{ IF { NUMPAGES } = 2 { PAGE-2 } }

Pages 1 and 2 will display blank (false) but page 3 will display 3-2=1 and
so on.

Terry

"Ken" wrote in message
Aha! Did not know of that option. Found it, and it worked.

Many thanks.

Ken

"Gordon" wrote in message
"Ken" wrote in message
Yeah, I tried breaking into a new section so that the page I want to
call No. 1 is the first page in a new section, and I got to the point
where it would show "1" as the page number. But the pages in the
previous section were numbered as well!

Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

did you unlink the section from the previous section?