Charles Kenyon

You may be able to construct a series of complex nested fields and save them
as AutoText. See http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Number...eNumbering.htm
for information on
how to construct a field that will only display on certain pages of a
document.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Mary Gudobba" wrote in message
DOCPROPERTY seems like it will work, with one problem. One of the things
the client wants is a date. I tried using the create date, because I
don't want it to change every day, but I DO want it to change if I save
the document with a new name. It seems to be keeping the original create
date. I don't want to use a save date, because of the way word asks you if
you want to save changes after you print (we have update field on print
turned on) and I don't want users to be confused and save it again, when
all they did was print it. The documents are large commercial leases and
purchase agreements. Some have as many as 100 pages, and 20 sections.

"Robert M. Franz" wrote in message
Hello Mary

Mary Gudobba wrote:
Our client has asked that the name of the document and some other
information be included in the footer on every page. Unfortunately,
this information is something that has to be manually inserted. I wrote
a macro that inserts part of the language needed and the user has to
complete the rest. What I want to do, is have this information print on
every page of every section, but I don't want a page number on page 1 of
section 1, or most likely on any of the pages of the following
sections. I don't want users to have to manually insert this information
more than once. I tried applying a style to the information on the
first page and then tried to include it in the footer on the second page
using the same mergeformat command I use to put names in the header of a
second page of a letter, but it seems that since the style only appears
in the footer, it doesn't work. Is there an easy way to do this?

A DOCPROPERTY would be my first shot.

HTH
Robert
--