WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Drop Cap Option Greyed

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the drop cap option in Word 2002. Here are a few things you can try to get it working:
  1. Make sure your cursor is in the paragraph you want to apply the drop cap to. If your cursor is not in the paragraph, the drop cap option may be greyed out.
  2. Check that your document is in Print Layout view. If you're in Draft or Outline view, the drop cap option may be unavailable.
  3. Ensure that you have selected the correct font for your document. Some fonts do not support drop caps, so you may need to choose a different font.
  4. Try resetting your toolbar. Sometimes, toolbar settings can become corrupted and cause options to be greyed out. To reset your toolbar, right-click on any toolbar and select "Customize." Then, click the "Reset" button at the bottom of the dialog box.
  5. If none of the above solutions work, you may need to repair or reinstall Word. This can be done through the Control Panel in Windows.

I hope one of these solutions works for you!