Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
analretentiveauditor analretentiveauditor is offline

Default What causes random words in a document to be mashed together?

I lose my table format, 5 columns and about 50 rows. I didn't try to print
it. BTW, I didn't mention it in my original post, but on my screen
everything appears fine, but the problem only shows up when I print a doc.

"Ed from AZ" wrote:

What happens if you open these files with a plain text editor like
NotePad?

Ed

On Mar 24, 2:52 pm, analretentiveauditor
wrote:
I can't replicate the problem here, but the word fee becomes fe, and the e is
kind of bold from being printed over. The word day gets so scrunched up that
it becomes ady, with each letter overlapping the next (or prior). I have
numerous documents like this, many of which have been brought forward through
the years after being created in WordPerfect. Some of my old docs do this,
and some don't. I've tried changing the font, but no luck there.