Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lorenz Hölscher Lorenz Hölscher is offline

Default Password error from Word2003 to Word2007

Hi Tony,

I would be interested to know what benefit Microsoft get for making this
such a complex procedure - not just the e-mail, but the frequently changing
password as well. I know you can't answer, I'm just musing

It was the first attempt to introduce a changing password. And that
was such a great idea that they added this feature to Word and even
improved it: a password that changes immediately...

Being awestruck,
Lorenz