Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

Default Password error from Word2003 to Word2007

It is ActiveDocument.Variables. In my tests they were destroyed on saving
the document - after I had added new ones (that is, both the ones I had
added and existing ones I hadn't changed). I haven't done extensive tests, I
figured any level of data destruction is intolerable.

I haven't looked at Document Properties - I daren't!!

--
Enjoy,
Tony

www.WordArticles.com

"Lorenz Hölscher" wrote in message
Hi Tony,

Tony Jollans schrieb:
I have done some testing on this and it does appear that the hotfix is
causing the destruction of document variables. I will raise the issue
with
Microsoft and report back when I have more information.

is it ActiveDocument.Variables or
ActiveDocument.CustomDocumentProperties? Are they being destroyed by
saving the document or do I have to delete one to destroy the others?

Regards, Lorenz