Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Using IF with MERGEFIELD

Many thanks for a speedy reply Doug....

It's sorted thanks It was because I hadn't entered the delimiters
using ctrl+f9 and had typed them in myself... silly huh

Again, thanks...

Stoo

Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:
Assuming that you used Ctrl + F9 to insert each pair of field delimiters and
that the superfluous } in

is just a typing error in composing your post, all you may need to do is
update the fields in the document.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi there

I'm having problems trying to do the following:

I have 4 fields, each with a 0 or 1, I want to be able to add these
fields together and base the output on if the total is = 3.

First I started with adding them together:

output: 0+1+1+1

I them made this in to a SUM:

output: 3

So far so good This gives me the sum of the four fields fine.

Now I need to have an output of YES or NO, depending on if the total
=3, so I put this (based on examples I've seen online):

Using this, I don't get any output at all

I've checked the data source and the fields are non-formatted etc, and
obviously add up OK (as with the second step) but seems I have the IF
clause incorrect.

Any help would be very greatly appreciated.... I'm starting to get
bumps on my head from banging it on the desk!

Many thanks

Stoo