Karen P

Default File Size and Headers & Footers

Hi all,

I've searched here for an answer, but haven't found one. I am working in a
fairly long (135 pages) document which requires many page orientation
changes, every few pages. I'm using Next Page section breaks, and headers and
footers. The header and footer needs to change each time the page
orientation changes so I have to turn on and off "Same as Previous" often.
As I do this, the file size grows by several thousand K for every 5 or 6
"Same as Previous" changes. By the time I was up to 60 section breaks the
file had gone from 26,000 KB up to 132,000 KB!

The file size doesn't change when I change the amount of info in the headers
or footers, I'm not adding any extra graphics or text to the document, and
this only happens when I click that option on or off. Just adding sections
and changing page orientation doesn't change the file size by anything
appreciable.

I'm not allowed to turn the doc into Master and Sub docs, and can't save all
the landscape pages for the end.

Serious good Karma goes out to the kind person who can help me!

Karen