Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
zxc[_2_] zxc[_2_] is offline

Default sections and page numbers

zxc;3029106 Wrote:
I have a document that does not keep continuous page numbers. It
restarts the numbering between sections. Also, the sections are not
numerically continuous, ie one footer lists section 4 and the next
header is section 6, no 5.

If anyone could clarify what the issue is it would be appreciated.

Cya

I just got back to this document after being away. I forgot to mention
this is Word 2003.

Thanks for the suggestion Macropod, but that didn't work out, assuming
I did what you said correctly. In "normal" view I set all section
breaks to continuous and continue numbering (right-click).

Of note is that the "# of pages" works fine but the page number
doesn't. I'm at a loss but then, I'm no Word expert.

Cya

--
zxc