Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jack

Default Document mis-reads style from template

I have some user defined styles in my template. We'll call them "User
Heading" and "User Text".

Normal: Times New Roman, 12 pt, Regular
User Heading is Normal+Font:Tahoma, 10pt, Bold
User Text is User Heading+Not Bold

When I apply them within the template, they look fine.

When I open a document with Automatic update styles on and attached to the
template, the styles come in as follows:

Normal: Times New Roman, 12 pt, Regular
User Heading is Normal+Font:Tahoma, 12pt, Bold
User Text is User Heading

It is frustrating because I need the smaller size for space limitations.
Also the Text now looks identical to the headings, so there is no way to
distiguish them.

I have tried changing the User Heading font and size with no luck The font
will change, but the size remains 12 pt. I have reattached the template. I
have deleted the styles in the document and re-opened.

Any ideas on what is going on here or other things to try? User Heading is
related to another style using Numbering Formatting. I've had trouble working
with the Numbering formats in the past.
--
Jack Rumple