Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Deleting page numbers from certain pages

Try it this way:

1. In your header/footer, press Ctrl+F9. This will insert a pair of field
braces.

2. Type IF and a space.

3. Click on the "Insert Page Number" button to insert a { PAGE } field (you
may see a number displayed).

4. Type with spaces before and after.

5. Type 121 and a space.

6. Click the "Insert Page Number" button again to insert another PAGE field.

7. Press F9 to update the field.

You should have a page number on every page but 121. Note that 121 must be
the number that Word would print on that page if it printed it. That is, the
field will not work if the page is the 121st page in the document but is
also page 20 of section 5, with numbering restarted in each section, so that
20 is what Word would print if it printed a page number.

"Patski107" wrote in message
I still can't get this to work. I did just what you told me and I still

have
the page number.

Pat
--

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

Spaces can matter in calculation fields but I doubt it is the problem

with
this field.
Try typing
IF "Page" = "121" "" "Page"
Then select each Page without the quotation marks and press Ctrl-F9.

This
creates your two Page fields. Then select the entire thing and press
Ctrl-F9. This gives you the IF field. Then press F9 to update the field

and
change it into a page number.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Patski107" wrote in message
Yes I used Ctrl+F9. do spaces matter? Should there be any?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Did you use Ctrl+F9 to insert each pair of field braces?

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Patski107" wrote in message
So to supress page 121

{ IF { Page } = 121 "" "{ Page }" }

I tried this but it didn't work.
--
Pat

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You put this field code wherever you would otherwise put the page
number
(header or footer).

newsgroup so
all may benefit.