Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] Jgillis@architetto.com is offline

Default manipulating/cutting/pasting text out of a text box

Hi,
I created a doc with 20 pages landscape mode and placed two text boxes per
page side by side, linked such that the left hand box links all the way down
thru page 20 (and all the right hand boxes are also linked.) Then I cut and
pasted a large doc from another file into that left text box, and the entire
text flowed thru to the linked boxes on subsequent pages, just as it should.
Then I started annotating the text in the left hand boxes. And I started
adding annotations in the right hand boxes.
Along the way I realized I wanted to extract all the text from the left and
put it in a plain Doc file (and I want to do the same with all the text in
the right hand boxes. But when I select all (control-A) all I get is one
page worth of text (either left or right depending where the focus is). Is
there any way to get control of the entire text in the left or the right
document?