Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default need to unlock word document, can not make any new documents

Either you have not activated Word or it is a trial version that has
expired.

"Rick in Missouri" Rick in wrote in
message ...
WHEN OPENING MS WORD AND BEGINNING A NEW DOCUMENT I RECIEVE A LOWER TOOL

BAR
MESSAGE OF;" THIS MODIFICATION IS NOT ALLOWED BECAUSE THE DOCUMENT IS

LOCKED"
- I can create or edit any MSword documents right now - this program has

been
running and has showed no signs of problems it has been installed for over

year.