Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Word 2007. Double line feed when return key pressed.

Actually, it always produces a CRLF combination when you press Enter. If
it's "skipping" a line, then that would be due to the paragraph's After
spacing. In the Home ribbon, click the launcher (box & arrow pointing SE in
the lower right corner of the Paragraph chunk). In the Indents and Spacing
tab, set After spacing to 0. If you ALWAYS want it that way (there can be
lots of repercussions, since the default style, Normal, is the basis for
many other styles, you can click the Default button at the bottom of the
Paragraph dialog box.

Or... if you usually want extra spaces between paragraphs, but are trying to
get to the next line and remain in the same physical paragraph, you can
press Shift+Enter to insert just a within-paragraph line break.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"Smith" wrote in message

SMITH
When i type a full line to the right margin word 2007 auto line feeds to
the
next line.
If I press the carriage return key it does 2 line feeds leaving a line
space
between.
ie:- CR+LF instead of CR or LF. (For those of us from the computer
stoneage)
Can anyone help me to get a single line feed on pressing the return key
please?