Peter Jamieson

If your templates are .dot files and you are using File|New to create
documents based on them, a { CREATEDATE } field should do the trick. But it
won't work if your "templates" are .doc files and you are copying them to
create your new documents.

There can be problems using .dot files as the starting point for a merge,
because in recent versions of Word at least, both the template and the
document based on it try to open the data source, and this will fail with
some types of data source such as .doc files

Peter Jamieson

"Henri Vrancken" wrote in message
Could somebody help me with this :
I have made several standard letters to use as a 'template' for mail merge
I would like to put in a date that updates to the date when the documents,
based on the template, is created.
Or I get a date that is the date the template is made
Or I get a date that is update every time the document is opened
No way to get a date that is the date the document is created

Any Idea's?

Thanks