Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Don Soucy[_2_] Don Soucy[_2_] is offline

Default using html links as data in mail merge w/ office 2003

Graham

It contains an elaborate string with a simple tag:

"Download Bio-Energetic Relaxation.mp3"

is the tag visible to the reader, while :

href="http://www.upperroomcomm.com/cgi-bin/dwn.pl?ID=MP3-relax64k.mp3&TXN=COMPLIMENTARY2009-0001"

title="http://www.upperroomcomm.com/cgi-bin/dwn.pl?ID=MP3-relax64k.mp3&TXN=COMPLIMENTARY2009-0001"Download
Bio-Energetic Relaxation.mp3/a

is the code behind the tag.

I want to be able to send links to each member with a different TXN ID ie
COMPLIMENTARY2009-0001, 0002, 0003 etc, etc.

I have the source data in an EXCEL spreadsheet with a column containing the
unique html data but it won't merge into the main document.

It either shows only the tag, or shows the code as text rather than a
hyperlink consisting of tag with code visible with mouseover and active on
click.

The data in EXCEL appears as just described, but after merge it does not.

Don Soucy

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

What *exactly* does the third column contain.

Don Soucy wrote:
I want to use a data file consisting of 3 columns, a name, an e-mail
address and a unique html link and merge it into an e-mail message.
When I try, the html link loses the underlying format and appears as
plain text.

I've tried saving the data file from Excel in a variety of formats
with no success.
I've treid formatting the {{LINK}} placeholder as HTML and still no
luck

Any suggestions?

Thanks