Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Walter Briscoe Walter Briscoe is offline

Default PRINTING MERGED DOCUMENTS

In message of Fri,
4 Sep 2009 06:38:10 in microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields,
bhutchinson writes
I created a mail merge document that is 12 pages long on approximately 500
records. The resulting document is 6000 pages long. i need to print the 12
pages for each record individually to a pdf creator. I chose file/print/
pages 1-12 or -- pages 1,2,3,4,5..... etc and the entire 6000 pages print.
bhutch

Although Graham Mayor's reply is probably more useful to you than this,
I thought I would give my understanding of how to make printing work as
you intend.

As far as Word is concerned, your resulting document does not consist of
pages 1 to 6000, but of sections 1 to 500 with each consisting of pages
1 to 12.

Peter Jamieson gave me understanding of this obscurity in
"Subject: Mail merge pagination problems" of Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008
08:59:12 +0100.

In 2003, Word Help - Table of Contents-Printing-Print a document-
Print all or part of a single document-Print Specific pages and

sections describes how to control what you print.
--
Walter Briscoe