Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pam Pam is offline

Default tilde over letter

I'm using 2007 but saving files as 2003. Therefore the Equation Editor will
not work for me. (Saves equations as pictures--really bad pictures.) Hoping
for another solution.
Thanks

"Local_IT" wrote:

Only A, N, and O will work that way because they are the only real letters
that typically have a ~ over them.

Anyway, you may have to use the equation editor to get the desired result.
The method to insert it varies depending on your version of Word.

"Pam" wrote:

I need to print a tilde over the letter r. The Control Shift tilde option
does not work. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.