Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default 2007 gridlines not showing up

That was going to be my next suggestion. :-)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Or perhaps Doug is looking for table gridlines? If so, they are on the
contextual Table Tools | Layout tab.

http://word.mvps.org

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
Are you referring to the document grid? If so, do the following: On the
Page Layout tab of the ribbon, click Align, and then click Grid Settings.
Make sure that the "Horizontal spacing" and "Vertical spacing" are set to
what you want. Select "Display gridlines on screen" and then click the
Default button to save your changes. If/when you are prompted to save the
Normal template, choose to do so.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Doug G" wrote in message
I've toggled on the gridlines but in 2003, they would be spaced in
alignment
with the rows of text. Now, toggling them on in an exiting document does
nothing. In the "align" tab, I can only set the horizontal spacing to
even
numbers which don't align with the text. Is there a setting i'm not
seeing.
I'm new to 2007.