Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cheryl Flanders Cheryl Flanders is offline

Default How to hide XE field

Which version of Word?

XE fields are formatted as hidden text. You need to clear the check
next to "Hidden text" in the Word options, then you can click the Show/
Hide paragraph mark or use the Ctrl + Shift + 8 toggle shortcut.
Where the option is located depends on your version of Word.

Cheryl

On Nov 10, 5:56*am, Jan Kratochvil
wrote:
During my modification of Word document I see the XE field - for index.

I don't know how to hide it.
It disturbs me as I modify the text formating.

Can you tell me how to hide it?

I tried Ctrl+Shift+8 and Alt+F9 but it does not influence on XE field.
--
Regards
Jan Kratochvil