Amedee Van Gasse

In , Graham Mayor told us an
interesting story. My reply to this story is at the bottom of this
message.

Word cannot open native Open Office documents - save it from Open
Office in a compatible format such as RTF.

Or save as Word (.doc).
IMO OOo .doc -- Word is much better supported than Word .doc -- OOo.
I guess because OOo doesn't do all the ILM you get with Word XP/2003 -
it just uses the plain old Word 97 featureset.

Actually, it's a pity Word can't open a well-documented xml-based open
file format like sxw. I'd say writing a plugin or a filter (like the WP
filter etc) would be just a SMOP for whoever has the programming skills
(not me).

--
Amedee Van Gasse