Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default moving table rows in word 2007

See if the rows have "Keep with next" and/or "Page break before" enabled
(Format | Paragraph, Line and Page Breaks tab).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Nick Ryberg" Nick wrote in message
This is just within the same table. In 2003, you could select a row with
your mouse and drag that row up and down the table to reorder them. Now
when
you do that, it creates multiple separate tables out of the original
single
table.

FYI, I tried setting Text Wrapping for the table to "None" and it didn't
have an effect on this problem.

Using the keystrokes (SHIFT+ALT+ [up/down]) works the way this should
behave.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

This usually happens if you are pasting from one table to another, and
the
tables have different settings for "Text wrapping" (on the Table tab of
the
Table Properties dialog box). Make sure both tables have "Text wrapping"
set
to "None," and then try again.

If you are copying/pasting within a single table--did you try the other
suggestions in this thread?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"eknebel" wrote in message
I, too have the same problem. I paste a row and then it break apart the
table
into three pieces that cannot be joined. Please help!