Peter Jamieson

Which version of Word are you using?

Are you using OLEDB or ODBC to connect?

Are you using WIndows Integrated Security or SQL Server security? If you are
using the latter, you have to specify the username and password and ensure
that they are saved in the .odc file that is created when you use OLEDB to
connect. (And note that that makes them visible in a text file)

Peter Jamieson
"Philippe Pons" wrote in message
Hi all,

My datasource comes from a SQL Server DataBase.

If the DB is on my pc, no pb to get the data

If the DB is on a remote server, I contact the server using it's IP
address,
using the Data Connection Wizard.
If I use the query with Excel, i can get the data.
But Word says: Word was not able to open the DataSource

Any help woul be greatly appreciated.

Philippe