Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How do I make several references to a single footnote?

grammatim wrote:
Ok, not even elaborate! For instance, I've just been doing a book
where the table title style is italic for "Table 4.1" and roman for
the text of the title. But a reference to the table by number is to be
roman -- and Word won't allow that, without special attention each
time a cross reference is inserted. And I can't do "see table 4.1 on
p. 206" without entering two separate references!

hmm, a field switch added to the REF field should do here. Personally,
I'd probably insert an AutoText manually into the field, but I'm sure
this could be automated more nicely.

For my new edition I have to switch to InDesign (because Adobe will
not give Unicode ability to FrameMaker),

That's the real bummer with Frame: it's pretty much dead since oh so
many years. It's stable, but international support, ah well ...

Interesting to see what others are using, thanks. Let's not get too much
astray here, or the others will beat me up ... ;-)

Greetinx
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT |