Posted to microsoft.public.publisher,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Charles Kenyon

Default Fix for file open/save problem

You are welcome. A revised version of the MS06-015 update was released that
supposedly interacts better with the older HP and nVidia
software. You can download the revised update from
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../ms06-015.mspx.

For the latest info, see http://blogs.technet.com/msrc/default.aspx.

The text of this message was lifted verbatim from other posts, primarily
those of garfield-n-odie.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"BFSeattle" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks, Charles! Your tip proved saved me this morning! I was about
ready to uninstall and reinstall Word. Instead, I followed the link and
solved the problem within minutes.

Becki

Charles Kenyon wrote:
This problem is well known to readers of this newsgroup. Your links are a
bit out of date.

See: You may experience problems in Windows Explorer or in the Windows
shell
after you install security update MS06-015
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=918165

If you aren't comfortable with editing the Windows registry yourself,
then
go to http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm and scroll down to
Item
No. 383 "Hewlett-Packard's Share-to-Web software - Fix". Download and
run
the script to automatically modify your registry as described in
KB918165.
You may need to temporarily disable your antivirus program in order to
run
the script.

A revised version of the update is supposed to be released today,
Tuesday,
April 25, to fix these problems.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Patricia Shannon" wrote in
message ...
A recent Windows update has caused problems for many people in opening
and
saving files.
See the following for possible solutions:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...1d7&sloc=en-us

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...21d&sloc=en-us

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...a-4b9fcf741916