Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Page break and header/footer problems with RTF document

Hi Dave

Dave Neve wrote:
Basically, I wanted to gain space but there seems to be a page break in it
cos I can't move text up from page 2 to page 1

However, I can't see the page break even when I display paragraph markers
etc by clicking on the 'line break' icon

There are a bunch of methods how a paragraph can be forced unto a new
page. Check Format | Paragraphs in the layout tab for the most common
besides a Page (or Section) Break.

The second possibility is that this is caused by the header and footers in
the document but I can't seem to supress these either using the usual method
(select and supress).

There's no setting to "supress" a header (in Word, maybe you are
familiar with a different text processer?) -- you simply double-click in
the header area and then delete what's there that is not to your liking.

Greetings
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS