Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Marie FP Marie FP is offline

Default Lining Up Dollar Amounts

The right justify. I also formatted the cell to round to the nearest dollar,
and the right justification worked whether a decimal was typed or not.

"grammatim" wrote:

Which one, the right-justify or the decimal tab?

On Oct 16, 4:32 pm, Marie FP
wrote:
Thanks, grammatim. This worked perfectly!

"Marie FP" wrote:
I have set up a Word table that includes cells where the user will be
entering dollar amounts in a column. How can I format the cells so that the
dollar amounts line up with the decimal point? In other words, can Word
cells be formatted so that numbers automatically are entered from right to
left (similar to Excel)? Thanks much! -MP