Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How do I insert a data entry prompt in a form letter?

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm and
especially the forms tutorials by Dian Chapman that this article links to.

"Hutch" wrote in message
In WordPerfect, we use a merge to perform keyboard prompts in form

letters.
Now we are converting to Word and I cannot find anything like this. I'm
developing a form letter with prompts for: current date, inside address,
Registration Number, Customer name, document received reference date,

phone
extension, PM Name, Section name, initials, etc. These input fields do

not
come from a database - the letter is created in response to an application
received. I appreciate your assistance.