Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DeanH DeanH is offline

Default How to: Page 1 - two columns, Page 2(ff) - one column

Of course you can always have a section break instead of a page break,
whatever is necessary for the document structure.
I tend to have a Continuous break after Columns to help balance the columns
lengths, I have found that this tends not to happen with a New Page Section
Break.
As with most things in Word (and other MS products) there is usually more
than one way to skin-a-cat
TTFN
DeanH

"Jean-Guy Marcil" wrote:

"DeanH" wrote:

When you say "move the section break to keep the formatting as desired" do
you mean the text in section 2 needs to be moved, ie to the start of the next
page?
If so, either insert a page break just after the Continuous break, or apply

???
Why not just insert a Next Page Section Break instead of a Page Break after
a Continuous Section Break? (You can convert a Continuous Section Break to a