Daiya has given you the answer. The numbering currently set to restart in
each section. You need to change it to "Continue from previous section." And
Windows XP Professional is not a version of Word.

"Susy" wrote in message
It is WIndows XP Professional. It still has the same problem. There is a
Table and something called a "section break (continuous)" I believe this

be the problem.

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote:

View | Header/Footer, click on the Format Page Number icon on the H/F
toolbar (with a hand and #). Set page numbers to continue from previous
section.

If that doesn't work, when you post back, state your version.

On 4/26/05 10:54 AM, "Susy" wrote:

I'm having problems with section breaks and page numbers. The page

numbers
are continuous until page 17 and then they start over at page 1. I

want the
numbering to continue: 18, 19, and so on... Any suggestions?

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/