Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Slow startup

I don't know about AVG, but disabling the Norton AntiVirus Office Plugin
doesn't compromise security at all provided that Auto-Protect is left
enabled.

"Ed" wrote in message
Graham,

That's it! If I unregister the AVG dll Word pops up in immeasurable time.
Registering it takes me back to 15 seconds.

Now, I'll have to decide whether fast opening of Word is worth the risk of
infection. Maybe disconnect from the
Internet when I'm doing a lot of Word stuff.

Thanks!

Ed

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
regsvr32 /u "C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG7\avgoff2k.dll
unregisters the dll thus disabling it.
You can reverse the process by reregistering it ie remove the /u switch
from the command line.