FruitIsBest

Default How do I adjust column width in a table?

Can anyone tell me why Word is so obstinate when it comes to tables? I am
trying to adjust some cells in a table; I've tried to do it manually (using
the cursor), but it jumps from where it is to another place (for example, if
the cell is currently 1" wide, and I want to make it .95" wide, it will only
let me go from 1" to .8").

I want to make the column width between the current "default" widths. I've
gone to the table properties dialogue screen, and change the measurement of
the cell or column, but nothing changes when I click "OK". Is there some
place where table columns are locked and will only indcrement by predefined
widths? How do I get table columns to go where I want them to go????