Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AlanTerrill

Default Can't SAVE files to Folders from EXCEL (and WORD)

I'm having exactly the same problem, but it's not to do with the security
patch mentioned as I haven't loaded it (and won't now!). Waht I've tried is:
Running office repair
Uninstalling and reinstakking office
Removing and replacing the normal.dot

None have worked. I still can't savea single document in Word or Excel. I
tired logging on as a different person and the same thing happens. Also if I
go to the folders where Word documents reside through My Documents and create
a new file it lets me, so its not a security issue. So does anyone have any
further thoughts please before I format the disc and reload windows?

"DAVID I." wrote:

I can't save files to existing folders... can't even do a "save as"... the
EXCEL 2003 Program gets to a "Not Responding" state and I have to crash it.
I was able to save a file to the "My Documents" folder. The same thing
happened to my Word Program. This all happened after I did the latest
security update to the XP program. I "removed" and then reinstalled the
Office 2003 program but the problem still exists.