Joseph N.

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 17:25:46 GMT, Cindy M -WordMVP- wrote:

3. Why does LISTNUM work but not SEQ? SEQ does not advance;
all rows are numbered "1."

In the merge result, try Ctrl+A, F9 to force all the fields to
update. You might also try the MergeSEQ field.

Hmmm.... I've read the Help file, though not tried the various
possibilities. Do you know, off the top of your head, what the
comparitive merits in this situation would be of using MERGESEQ,
MERGEREC, and LISTNUM? LISTNUM works, but the Help file suggests
that the other two would work, also. Any differences I should care
about?

--
JN

jbn 'won'oh'won'six'won' at fastmail.fm
Remove spaces, and substitute digits for the words between " ' "