Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kentb Kentb is offline

Default Ribbons versus Toolbars

"Fight against it?" I am certain you (Microsoft) have had many internal
meetings wrestling the issue of changing how your customers use tools and
achieve results; I suspect though that you have had more meetings on how to
handle objections than you have had on what customers need from a new product.

Most disturbing is your attitude. You are saying "don't fight it"... ie,
take it or leave it. Thank you for making that choice clear.

"Simon Jones [MSDL]" wrote:

No, there is no way of using menus and toolbars in the Office 2007
applications with the Ribbon UI.

If you take the time to learn it (a few hours with each application), the
Ribbon makes it easier and quicker to make good looking documents.
Productivity goes UP not down. The main thing to remember is not to fight
against it.

Simon Jones

"Kentb" wrote:

Is there a way to use the old toolbars under WORD or EXCEL 2007?
A couple of power users have told me they think there is a way, but HELP
says specifically that toolbars do not exist in 2007.

I also was just told by a MicroSoft employee that most of Microsoft is not
using Office 2007 because of the impact it has on productivity. Wow.. You
should really use it so you can better appreciate your customers' frustration.