Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Turn off Automatic numbering

Which version of Word is this?

How did you create the numbering?

If you are referring to style-based numbering, the first thing to look at is
"Automatically update document styles" in the Templates and Add-Ins dialog
box. If the option is selected, clear it. Then recreate the numbering to suit
your needs. For Word 2003, full instructions are available at
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"bretsharon" wrote:

After having gotten document where I wanted it last night, I turned on the
machine today and all my article numbering is gone as well as the heading
under that. How do I tell word to convert all my heading from automatic to
text? I don't use more than 2 headings because word is insufficient and can't
handle that complexity. If Microhard were a small startup, they would not
ignore their customers forced to mess with the insufficient product. There
will be someone else who will fix this, but unfortunately they'll speak
Chinese.