Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bretsharon bretsharon is offline

Default Turn off Automatic numbering

Thank you. The version is word 2007.

The document is now destroyed. I was able to take the correct document and
copy it into an earlier version, and it worked. But then I made the mistake
of saving and closing it. When I opened it again, the Section Heading, as
in"Article" was gone. I was able to move it into an earlier version of the
document, but then the second section, usuall 1.1, doesn't follow anymore.

I had the style set up and saved, but it doesn't seem to accept it when I
call it up from quick style. I don't know how it was done, because I
continue to fight Word on everything.

I've read your citations and in a very simple respect it can work. But if
you get anyuthing sophisticated, Word will not work.