Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Can I scale and print an A4 document to A0

It definitely is not possible. The largest page size that can be defined in
Word is 22 inches (55.88 cm) on any side. The lagest A series paper size
that fits within that range is A3, which is 29.7 x 72.0 cm.

Technically, the reason for this is that Word internally stores the page
height and width in a memory location whose maximum value is 32767 (that is,
2 to the 15th power). The number represents the number of "twips", where a
twip is 1/20 of a point and a point is 1/72 of an inch. Doing the
arithmetic, 32767/(20 x 72) = 22.75 inches

If possible, copy your content to Publisher, which will allow you to use
larger page sizes (depending on what your printer is capable of handling).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Leana wrote:
I have an A4 document that I need to print off in A0. I can scale it
to A3 ok but A0 is not an option I can choose. If I use the custom
settings and put in the measure ments Word says the measurements must
be between 0.26cm and 55.87cm. Makes sense, A0 is much larger than
this so I'm assuming it can't be done.

Could someone please tell me whether it definitely is or isn't
possible and how to do it if it is

Thanks in advance

Leana