Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Marrick13 via OfficeKB.com

Default Need macro to locate table uniquely, insert blank row and date and end table

Thank you, Jezebel. Only trouble is that I get a compile error with "Invalid
use of property" message on the .Cell(.Rows.Count, 1) = format(Now, "yyyy-mm-
dd") line. I don't understand the property well enough to debug, can you
assist?

Jezebel wrote:
Use a bookmark to identify the table (ie open the template, select the
table, define a bookmark).

With ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("DocHistory").Range.Table s(1)
.Rows.Add
.Cell(.Rows.Count, 1) = format(Now, "yyyy-mm-dd")
End with

I have a Word template that contains one table of 1-4 rows and 4 columns
(the

[quoted text clipped - 42 lines]

Thank you.